Position Title: Director of Recreational Therapy
Schedules Available: Monday-Friday with additional times/days as needed for department coverage
- Manage the day to day operation of the Recreational Therapy Department. Manage and direct all department staff.
- Ensure staff is in accordance with facility policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement volunteer services.
- Develop Monthly Calendar of programs to encourage cognitive, physical and affective stimulation and maintenance of current recreational levels and skills.
- Coordinate programs with resident schedules of other services.
- Develop and review department’s policies and procedures
- Develop and research quality assurance issues and report results monthly to QA.
- Additional duties/responsibilities as identified in job description.
- Qualified therapeutic recreational specialist, or who is eligible for certification by a recognized accrediting body on or after October 1, 1990; or
- Has two years of experience in a social or recreational program within the last 5 years, 1 of which was full-time in a patient activities program in a health care setting; or
- Qualified Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapy Assistant; or
- Has completed a training course approved by the State of New York.
Company Overview: Chestnut Park Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is an 80 bed subacute and long term care facility located in Oneonta, NY. At Chestnut Park, we strive to the provide the highest quality of individualized care to each resident in a manner that promotes dignity, comfort, and support — ultimately enabling them to reach their maximum level of physical, emotional, and psychosocial functioning and well-being. Whether it is short term rehabilitation therapy, Alzheimer’s / dementia care, or long term living – Chestnut Park offers a comprehensive range of services which are designed to maximize one’s quick recovery and help every resident reach their fullest potential and maintain their highest level of functioning.
Benefits: Chestnut Park Rehabilitation and Nursing Center offers competitive benefits.