Position Title: Director of Recreational Therapy
Schedules Available: Monday-Friday with additional times/days as needed for department coverage
- Manage the day to day operation of the Recreational Therapy Department. Manage and direct all department staff.
- Ensure staff is in accordance with facility policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement volunteer services.
- Develop Monthly Calendar of programs to encourage cognitive, physical and affective stimulation and maintenance of current recreational levels and skills.
- Coordinate programs with resident schedules of other services.
- Develop and review department’s policies and procedures
- Develop and research quality assurance issues and report results monthly to QA.
- Additional duties/responsibilities as identified in job description.
- Qualified therapeutic recreational specialist, or who is eligible for certification by a recognized accrediting body on or after October 1, 1990; or
- Has two years of experience in a social or recreational program within the last 5 years, 1 of which was full-time in a patient activities program in a health care setting; or
- Qualified Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapy Assistant; or
- Has completed a training course approved by the State of New York.